Treatment for Personality Disorders at Hannah’s House
Understanding personality disorders is vital to the success of substance use treatment. Personality disorders range in intensity from severe to mild. Challenges arise because many women with personality disorders don’t recognize their issues since their thoughts feel normal. Most experts agree that childhood experiences and genetics are factors. Since the brain constantly changes as it grows, specific experiences may trigger chemical reactions.
MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS
Categorization of Personality Disorders
- Cluster A: Odd, eccentric thinking or behavior; this category includes paranoid personality disorder, schizoid personality disorder, and schizotypal personality disorder in women.
- Cluster B: Dramatic, overly emotional, or unpredictable thinking or behavior; this category includes histrionic, narcissistic, antisocial, and borderline personality disorders.
- Cluster C: Anxious, fearful thinking or behavior; this category includes avoidant, dependent, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorders.
Every personality disorder requires treatment specific to its characteristics. Additionally, each woman responds uniquely, so physicians and clinicians must adapt. The Hannah’s House treatment team understands this and is ready to help you achieve a proper diagnosis.
- Physical exam: Our Hannah’s House medical team will conduct a thorough and complete exam that includes in-depth questions about symptoms, lab tests, and other screenings.
- Psychiatric evaluation: We will discuss your thoughts, feelings, and behavior and may include diagnostic testing to help you thoroughly design a plan for healing.
- Treatment planning: Together, our therapists, doctors, and nurses will tailor an individualized treatment plan specific to your diagnosis.
Personality Disorders and Addiction
Women often use drugs and alcohol to help mask the symptoms of a personality disorder without an awareness of their mental health condition. A cutting-edge program like the one offered at Hannah’s House can help you or a loved one overcome the roots of their addiction and mental health issues such as borderline personality disorder.
Our Treatment Modalities
Hannah’s House has a multidisciplinary team with a legacy of quality care for personality disorders and co-occurring disorders, featuring fundamental techniques, clinical perspectives, and therapeutic modalities including:
- Medication management
- Medical detox
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Psychiatric interventions
- Coping skills education
- Mindfulness and meditation training
- Group therapies
- Continuing care planning
Contact Hannah’s House
We help women achieve lifelong, sustainable, and complete recovery. Today is the day you break the cycle of addiction. Learn more about co-occurring personality disorders and addiction.